- Requiem for a Pink Moon
- The Elfin Knight
- Fire - Passion in English Lute Song
- Thomas Campion: Author of Poetry and Song
- Paris 1529 - Pierre Attaignant and the early French chanson
- Paris 1600 - Source d'Amour
- Paris 1706--Au nom de l'amour
- Munich 1523 - Ludwig Senfl under Wilhelm IV.
- Oswald von Wolkenstein: Reflexionen - Reflections
- Fürchtet euch nicht!
Requiem for a Pink Moon
A tribute to one of the greatest singer/songwriters of the past 50 years, a requiem to Nick Drake (1948-74), composed by Joel Frederiksen. Drake´s visionary songs speak to the human condition with titles such as “Which will you go for?”, “From the morning”, and “Time has told me”. Under fine melodic lines is a rhythmically driving guitar part which Frederiksen has orchestrated for Renaissance instruments. Parts of the plainsong Requiem Mass interweave with Drake’s finely crafted songs and songs of master songwriters from the Renaissance, all arranged and adapted by Joel Frederiksen, to form one piece in remembrance of this modern day “Thomas Campion”.
Joel Frederiksen – bass, lute, musical direction
Timothy Leigh Evans – tenor
Domen Marincic – viola da gamba
Axel Wolf – theorbo